The elevation in the file is listed as 49m (160ft) above sea level. The white house is only ~17m (59ft) above sea level. To my knowledge the white house is not 100ft tall so something is fishy here…
However, bear in mind that: A) GPS altitude is notoriously inaccurate at the best of times and B) iPhone’s are prone to substitute A-GPS data (which is often, but not always, the location of the Cell the phone’s connected to) if a fix from the on-board GPS can’t be achieved.
Personally, I’d be more inclined to believe it’s tampered evidence myself, but I thought this worth pointing out.
Related Posts: On this day...
- DUI Checkpoint Refusal - 2012
- Hanna movie trailer 2011 - 2011
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog - 2010
- Microsoft plays with Photoshop some more - 2010
- Transparent OLED screen - 2010
- The Princess Bride DVD ambigram - 2009
- Top 11 compounds found in US drinking water - 2009
- No REAL ID, No problem. You just won't be able to fly. - 2008
- Real ID is postponed for 5 years - 2008
- The 2007 Darwin Award Winners - 2008