Time Warner, gigantic media conglomerate and parent of Warner Brothers, owns the rights to the Guy Fawkes mask design from the 2006 Warner Brothers film “V for Vendetta.” So, every time you purchase one of those masks, they are paid a licensing fee. Nick Bilton in the New York Times has more.
Related Posts: On this day...
- The Government can now put GPS on your car without warrant - 2010
- Tonoharu: Excellent graphic novel about an English teacher in Japan - 2010
- Blockbuster Plans Bankruptcy Filing Next Month - 2010
- Man spent $7 million in bogus currency made with cheap inkjet printer - 2009
- Music downloading penalties are harsher than arson, theft, or starting a dogfighting ring - 2009
- Got a pirated copy of Windows XP? Expect to be nagged - 2008
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Bash - 2008
- Piracy Vs Theft - 2008