The iPhone Dev Team released a jailbreak for iPhone4 over the weekend, authored by Comex. For a taste of free-ishdom, go to the site with your iPhone and let it do its work.
A jailbreak is simply the ability to run apps and use themes and tweaks not approved by Apple. Jailbreaking doesn’t slow down your device or use any extra battery, and is fully reversible (just restore in iTunes). A jailbreak lets your device be how you want it.
It’s easy to go back, too. Just plug in your iPhone and revert the system to your latest backup using iTunes.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Skrillex Has a Surprise for You - 2011
- Amazon's Top 100 Free eBooks for Kindle - 2010
- Man STILL faces jail for videotaping gun-waving cop - 2010
- UAE to block Blackberry messaging - 2010
- Shades of Milk and Honey: Kowal's debut novel is a drawing-room romance with magic and art - 2010
- University professor wants to put drinking on the curriculum - 2009
- FCC Declares Comcast's Filtering Illegal - 2008