Allowing Flash — which is a development platform of its own — would just be too dangerous for Apple, a company that enjoys exerting total dominance over its hardware and the software that runs on it. Flash has evolved from being a mere animation player into a multimedia platform capable of running applications of its own. That means Flash would open a new door for application developers to get their software onto the iPhone: Just code them in Flash and put them on a web page. In so doing, Flash would divert business from the App Store, as well as enable publishers to distribute music, videos and movies that could compete with the iTunes Store.
[phpbay]apple iphone, 5, “”, “”[/phpbay]
Related Posts: On this day...
- You say "rootkit," I say "diagnostic tool" - 2011
- Guile is busted for Insurance Fraud - 2010
- Ron Paul's Anti-TSA Legislation - 2010
- Visualizing the decline of empires - 2009
- TSA's "behavior detection" is wrong more than 99% of the time - 2008
- Record labels now suing... Sourceforge - 2008
- Losing Faith - 2007
- NIST encryption standard may have NSA backdoor - 2007