Lots of reports have been coming in over the past few hours of BlackBerry Messenger service being on the fritz. You’ll sometimes get a check mark on a sent message, but not the D or the R signifying that the message has been delivered and read. Some users seem to be unaffected. For others, some of the messages are getting through and others are not (as shown above – they received two of the six messages I sent, yet I have yet to receive confirmation of him actually reading them). We’re starting to get reports from some people that it’s coming back up for them… let’s see how this goes.
Update 1: OK, preliminary word coming in is that it’s a partial outage affecting North American carriers: BlackBerry Messenger and things like the web browser and apps that use a data connection. Email seems ok though. And it seems not all carriers and not all subscribers are affected.
Update 2: BlackBerry data is no more. No emails, no web browsing, no BlackBerry messenger for it’s North American users. Estimated time for a fix to come through is 3 hrs to a day, yes..a day.
Update 3: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! This is SERIOUSLY FRUSTRATING AS ALL HELL.
Related Posts: On this day...
- 60beat GamePad controller plugs into iOS sound jack - 2011
- WTF? OMG, LOL! CIA gives WikiLeaks taskforce a nickname - 2010
- Prisoner excapes prison, creates Facebook account - 2009
- How to Teach Physics to Your Dog: explaining quantum physics through discussions with a German shepherd - 2009
- Stay classy Philadelphia - 2009
- Google Streetview gets mooned - 2009
- Google Hands Out "Dogfood" as Christmas Bonus - 2008
- The guy who set up alternate email for White House dies in plane crash - 2008
- To go through the doors of an airport is to enter a strange world where the laws of economics do not apply... - 2007