We’ve featured Brian McCarty’s terrific toy photography many times here. He’s a master at setting a perfect scene and using just the right perspective to trick me into thinking that the strange vinyl characters on my shelf come alive when I’m not looking. Brian’s photos are now collected in a wonderful hardcover book appropriately titled Art-Toys.
The book includes more than 100 photos, each on its own page, featuring toys designed by Mark Ryden, Gama-Go, Frank Kozik, FriendsWithYou, Tim Biskup, Amanda Visell, Attaboy, and dozens of other artists. Our pal Douglas Rushkoff wrote the intro. I really dig the back-of-the-book “behind-the-scenes” snapshots that reveal the time, detail, and love that goes into every one of Brian’s photos.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Two AI chatBots attempt to have a conversation with each other - 2011
- Gunman at Discovery Channel headquarters - 2010
- How A Good Samaritan Was Arrested For Driving Drunks Home - 2010
- StarChild's DNA results show that it is definitely not human - 2010
- Hardline Nigerian official pledges to arrest the 419 scammers... if you send him $10,000 for "processing fees" - 2009
- Did Google Street View spot rapist/kidnapper Phillip Garrido? - 2009