Checkout the beautiful new art book, I Am Plastic, Too: The Next Generation of Designer Toys, by Paul Budnitz. Published by Abrams.
The designer toy explosion continues in Kidrobot’s second book, I Am Plastic, Too, which features a worldwide survey of the newest, rarest, and most sought-after toys. By offering designers, comic book artists, illustrators, and graffiti artists a new outlet for their creative energies, these toys become miniature works of art, collected and coveted by fans everywhere. Showcasing examples from more than 140 artists and companies from six continents, this book includes images of scarce, limited-edition toys and extensive interviews with 13 of the hottest designers working today. Many of the most popular creators from the first book are back, along with new faces such as Amanda Visell, Brandt Peters, eBoy, Jon Burgerman, Kathie Olivas, and Tara McPherson.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Richard Stallman on Steve Jobs - 2011
- Future Ubuntu Releases Will be Shipped With LibreOffice, Says Mark Shuttleworth - 2010
- Steven Johnson's Where Good Ideas Come From: multidisciplinary hymn to diversity, openness and creativity - 2010
- USA is stuck in the past with credit card technology, much to the detriment of Americans traveling abroad - 2009
- The Pumpkin Cannon of Ulster County - 2009
- HDTV and the placebo effect - 2009
- First Blackberry Storm commerical airs on CBS - 2008
- If you bought $1000 of stock a year ago, you would now have... - 2008
- So you work in IT? Can you fix my computer? - 2008
- "I'll create a GUI interface in Visual Basic, see if I can track an IP address." - 2008