Our pals from the Billboard Liberation Front will make a rare public appearance at San Francisco’s historic City Lights bookstore tomorrow, Thursday 2/17, at 7pm to celebrate the release of Trespass: A History Of Uncommissioned Urban Art from Taschen Books. Various other members of the prankster elite will be lurking in the shadows too! From the book description:
Made in collaboration with featured artists, Trespass examines the rise and global reach of graffiti and urban art, tracing key figures, events and movements of self-expression in the city’s social space, and the history of urban reclamation, protest, and illicit performance. The first book to present the full historical sweep, global reach and technical developments of the street art movement, Trespass features key works by 150 artists, and connects four generations of visionary outlaws including Jean Tinguely, Spencer Tunick, Keith Haring, Os Gemeos, Jenny Holzer, Barry McGee, Gordon Matta-Clark, Shepard Fairey, Blu, Billboard Liberation Front, Guerrilla Girls and Banksy, among others. It also includes dozens of previously unpublished photographs of long-lost works and legendary, ephemeral urban artworks.
Related Posts: On this day...
- AI vs. IQ: IBM's Watson takes on the meatbags on Jeopardy - 2011
- LaCie iamaKey 8GB USB Portable Flash Drive for $28 shipped - 2010
- Bunnie Huang uncovers the mystery of Kingston MicroSD cards' crappy QA - 2010
- TSA forces travelling policeman to remove his disabled four-year-old son's leg-braces - 2010
- First study of mummy DNA leads to all sorts of discoveries - 2010
- Woman Sues Microsoft Over XP Downgrade Charge - 2009
- Unix Fundamentals - 2009
- Blackhat SEO: Cookie stuffing - 2009
- Facebook can ruin your life... and so can MySpace, Bebo... - 2008
- Botnet Hunters Reveal New Spin on Old Tricks - 2008