Mark Pilgrim traces the history of the humble IMG tag and the heated discussion that ensued when graphics were added to the web:
I’d like to propose a new, optional HTML tag:IMG
Required argument is SRC=”url”.
This names a bitmap or pixmap file for the browser to attempt to pull over the network and interpret as an image, to be embedded in the text at the point of the tag’s occurrence.
Related Posts: On this day...
- As you already suspected, the CIA is reading your tweets and Facebook status updates - 2011
- PLCB Wants Four Loko Pulled Off Store Shelves - 2010
- Knipex Pliers Wrenches - 2010
- Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series on Blu-ray for $32 shipped - 2009
- "Get High Now" author interviewed on Expanding Mind podcast - 2009
- Slow linux startup? Bootchart reveals all - 2008
- Barack Obama plans $1 trillion tax hike - 2008
- The Seven Deadliest Social Networking Hacks - 2008
- Download gOS, the operating system of Wal-Mart's $199 PC - 2007