This is the story of Helmer. A linux cluster in a IKEA Helmer cabinet….
3D computer rendering are very CPU intensive and the best way so speed up slow render problems, are usually to distribute them on to more computers. Render farms are usually very large, expensive and run using A LOT of energy. I wanted to build something that could be put in my home, not make too much noise and run using very little energy… and be dirt cheep, big problem? no computer stuff cost almost nothing these days, it just a matter of finding fun stuff to play with.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Mind Reading: The Researchers Who Analyzed All the Porn on the Internet - 2011
- Private Rooms by Guido Argentini - 2010
- Man arrested for shooting at car of iPhone thieves - 2010
- New NYC subway map comes out next month - 2010
- Project BMW E92 M3 "Darth Maul" by MWDesign - 2010
- Cambridge study: DRM turns users into pirates - 2009
- Linux Unified Kernel aims to combine Linux and NT kernels - 2009
- New Smart Phone Hack Could Expose Cell Network - 2008