The whole town (“kit and kaboodle!”) of Scenic, South Dakota is up for sale, for the asking price of USD800,000. Dave Olsen, a local realtor, has put the town up for sale, including its two jails (one still fit for use!), train depot, museum, dance hall, saloon and bunkhouse. Also, there’s DSL.
46-Acres (approximately 12 acres in town-lots & 34 acres surrounding) U.S Post Office Land Lease…..Longhorn Fuel & Food Convenience Store, World Famous Longhorn Saloon, Very Large Dance Hall with basketball court, Large Museum with knotty pine interiors, Bunkhouse sleeps 8-10, 2 freestanding Retail Stores, Historic Train Depot, One Working Jail, One Abandoned Historic Jail, Many Out-Buildings, Residence Home, Residence Modular Home.
Township of Scenic, SD
Volunteer Fire Department
Scenic Water Department (Rural Water System)
Fees: $15/mo Water for home, hydrant , store, hookup
$ 6/mo Sewer for home, store, hookup (sewer is piped to a lagoon located on the north side of town)
Township Sewer & Water
Golden West (Electricity, Telephone & DSL)
Related Posts: On this day...
- ATM Skimmers Get Wafer Thin - 2012
- Faux femme fatale finds flaws in social networking security - 2010
- Herpes Boy screening today at Comic-Con - 2010
- Amazing American Psycho Music Video - 2009
- Ron Paul Supports Health Care Reform... But Wants To Finance It By Bringing The Troops Home - 2009
- Details, Exploits of Web-Wide DNS Vulnerability Revealed - 2008
- Happy Sysadmin Day! - 2008