I may be incorrect but that looks like an Arduino board and he’s just sending seek commands to the drives, in a specific way, to make the different tones.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Incredibly depressing Mega Millions Lottery simulator - 2010
- Wiretap charges dropped against motorcyclist who videotaped cop - 2010
- SUPERDAD: Moving and infuriating memoir of fatherhood and crack - 2010
- Tahoe-LAFS: A private filesystem for the clouds - 2010
- Occult historian Mitch Horowitz's new book Occult America - 2009
- Wal-Mart shutting down DRM server, nuking your music collection - 2008
- MySQL hacker needs $400K for his son's bone-marrow transplant - 2008