Kenshoto, organizer of the official Defcon Capture the Flag contest for the last four years, has stepped down from the position, and thus Defcon is looking for a new organizer for the event. If you’re highly competent, and maybe a little crazy, this might be your chance to step in and run one of the most well-known and prestigious hacking contests in the world. Please understand that the staff is looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the contest and make something new, unique, and challenging, and that Kenshoto has left extremely huge shoes to fill. Merely offering to replicate the existing contest and keep things mostly unchanged isn’t going to cut it.
If you’re up to the challenge, check out Dark Tangent’s post on the Defcon forums (which, for some odd reason, sounds strikingly like his 2005 post calling for a CTF organizer), where he comprehensively lays out what the staff is looking for in a new event organizer. If it jives well with you, get in touch with the Defcon staff, and maybe we’ll be covering your contest later this year.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Act American! - 2012
- Bitch I Got An Android - 2011
- Guatemalan lawyer hires hitman to kill himself and frame president - 2010
- Apple forces Wired to take down netbook OSx86 video - 2009
- The Best Job in the World - 2009
- Windows 7 finally shows which app is using a file when it can't be moved - 2009
- Software or hardware RAID? - 2009
- Did Hackers Win It for Hillary? - 2008
- What does an XBOX Modder do with 1500 Hard Drives? - 2008