Bad news, Netflix customers: Warner Bros. and Netflix have just made an agreement to delay all new release rentals by 28 days so people will keep buying DVDs. Or, as is more likely, turn to piracy.
The upside of the deal is that Warner is offering up more movies for streaming on Netflix to make up for the lack of new releases. But don’t expect this to be the only studio that makes this deal. Now that one has shown that Netflix is willing to play ball, the rest should follow. Weak, Netflix. Weak…
I guess if you want to see a new release without buying the goddamned movie, you’re stuck heading to the torrent sites. You did this to yourself, Warner Bros.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Avicii - Super Mario World Levels - 2012
- Intel's Chase Film - 2011
- HOWTO: Avoid online tracking (Hint: you can't) - 2011
- The tale of /b/ and LUKEYWES1234 - 2010
- Twitter Cracker Says Admin Password Was "Happiness" - 2009
- Twitter IRC server: tircd - 2009
- Become a virtual Texas Deputy - 2009
- Paypal's Anti-Fraud Authentication Token - 2009
- iTunes: All songs DRM-free (but keeping DRM for audiobooks & video) - 2009
- 4chan strikes again with push to make symbol top Google search - 2009