SWAT team breaks into home, fires seven rounds at family’s pit bull and corgi (small dog) as a seven-year-old looks on.
They found a “small amount” of marijuana, enough for a misdemeanor charge. The parents were then charged with child endangerment.
So smoking pot = “child endangerment.” Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone’s safety.
Just so we’re clear.
Now there’s video, which you can watch above I’d urge you to watch it. This is the blunt-end result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 years… cops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door middle of the night, slaughtering the family pets, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Wall Street Journal launches insecure Wikileaks clone, promises to sell you out - 2011
- BP: Bastard Profiteers and Brand Persuasion - 2010
- Of all the unexplained phenomena that have taken place, the "bloop" has got to be the creepiest - 2010
- EFF: Helping You Take Back Your Privacy - 2010
- Five high school students sent home for wearing American flag shirts in Morgan Hill, CA - 2010
- USB-Powered Refrigerator Drink Cooler / Heater - 2010
- Congress Refuses to Outlaw Insider Trading For Lawmakers - 2010
- Women are finally allowed to wear pants... in France - 2010
- College Student Shoots and Kills Home Invader - 2009
- Ship Night Run - 2009