Now this is how you do it.
He asked the magic question that everyone should know: “Am I free to go?” The definition of being arrested is along the lines of “A reasonable person would assume that they were not free to leave.” Once you’ve been arrested you must be informed of your rights and provided with counsel, unless you choose to waive that right. After asking if he was free to leave the police officer had a decision to make, either cite some form of probable cause for a search/arrest, or let him leave. Remember that question! Am I free to go? If they say yes, you leave; if they say no, you ask for a lawyer and refuse to say anything else until that lawyer arrives.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Hanna movie trailer 2011 - 2011
- Anon posts pic of himself doing drugs at work to 4chan. Another anon examines EXIF meta-data which contains GPS coords that point to White House - 2010
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog - 2010
- Microsoft plays with Photoshop some more - 2010
- Transparent OLED screen - 2010
- The Princess Bride DVD ambigram - 2009
- Top 11 compounds found in US drinking water - 2009
- No REAL ID, No problem. You just won't be able to fly. - 2008
- Real ID is postponed for 5 years - 2008
- The 2007 Darwin Award Winners - 2008