This reminds me of:
Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Socialite: My goodness, Mr. Churchill… Well, I suppose… we would have to discuss terms, of course…
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
Churchill: Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.
The audience was obviously inclined to disagree with Milton Friedman, but overall, they seemed pretty well behaved. Does anybody doubt that if this were occur today, he’d be shouted down and called a fascist?
Related Posts: On this day...
- Bing Translate is awesome - 2013
- Google is globally switching its search to HTTPS by default - 2012
- Grown Adult Actually Expects To Be Happy - 2011
- New Mortal Kombat! - 2011
- French village went insane after CIA spiked its bread with LSD - 2010
- Test your broadband speed... help the FCC keep ISPs honest - 2010
- HOWTO: Get a free Encom ID badge - 2010
- iPhone OS 3.0 is coming (Official preview on March 17th) - 2009
- Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder for $70 shipped - 2009
- IT Guy vs. The Users: A war that everyone loses - 2009