I see this as a vanity tax, same as people spending more on Apple products.It’s sad that vanity is a bigger deal than a tight budget, enough so that they spend the little money they have going to salons when they can lie in their back yards.
She just likes a good tan, and because of a provision in the bill that puts a 10% additional tax on tanning salon fees, her sessions are probably going to cost her more.
“I’m angry. I’m really disappointed by all this,” said McNeill, 51, waiting for a tanning bed at the Tanning Club in Westwood. “It just feels like we’re being taxed for everything nowadays.”
She was not just thinking of herself. McNeill is a sorority house mom at Gamma Phi Beta at UCLA.
“A lot of my girls tan, most of them, and they don’t have a lot of extra money,” she said. “They’re students, most students live on a tight budget.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Automatically generate regular expressions with Txt2re - 2011
- Technology - 2011
- Hackerism, ethics, and the best dad ever. - 2010
- Arizona Clears Strict Immigration Bill - 2010
- Cybersecurity Act of 2009 - 2009
- Obama adds yet another RIAA attorney to Justice Department roster - 2009
- New York Hospital Worker Arrested for Stealing 50,000 Patient Records - 2008