Information designer Jess Bachman tackles the history of Google, and the ever-frequently asked question: is Google a monopoly?
Google has a dominate market share of a very important gateway; internet search. Can they stay impartial when they have their own products to pitch? Whether or not they are a monopoly is up to the government and the best way to predict the future is to look to the past. Examining these four historical monopolies, and their outcomes, should give us a better sense of Google’s fate.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Governments turn to hacking techniques for surveillance of citizens - 2011
- Senators Don't Expect Cyber Security Bill to Pass this Year - 2010
- Twenty-First Century Stoic - From Zen to Zeno: How I Became a Stoic - 2010
- Firefox 4 delayed until early 2011 - 2010
- ISO Downloads and Fixes for Windows 7 Student Download - 2009
- EFF launches Hall of Shame for copyright abusers - 2009
- Fedora 10: A Detailed Discussion on 13 Prime Features - 2008
- Student points out school server security flaws and gets charged with 3 felonies - 2008
- Verizon BlackBerry Storm gets firm release date: Noveber 4th - 2008
- Codeweavers Gives Away Premium Version of WINE, Today only! - 2008