Lulz from the Official Google Blog…
At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Federal judge: Open WiFi doesn't make you liable for your neighbors' misdeeds - 2011
- Times Square Bomb Plot SUV Recently Sold On Craigslist (for Cash) - 2010
- HOWTO: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with Spirit - 2010
- Roger Ebert: Why I Hate 3-D (And You Should Too) - 2010
- Why Whitehats Need to Know Blackhat SEO - 2008