Google Will Eat Itself (GWEI) is an art/economics project/prank/criminal enterprise that uses a network of hidden sites that register fraudulent clicks on Google Ads. The revenue from these ads is used to buy shares of Google. At the present rate, the organizers estimate that they will own all of Google in about 200,000 years. They pledge to then turn the company over to the public.
We generate money by serving Google text advertisments on a network of hidden Websites. With this money we automatically buy Google shares. We buy Google via their own advertisment! Google eats itself – but in the end “we” own it!By establishing this autocannibalistic model we deconstruct the new global advertisment mechanisms by rendering them into a surreal click-based economic model.
After this process we hand over the common ownership of “our” Google Shares to the GTTP Ltd. [Google To The People Public Company] which distributes them back to the users (clickers) / public.
Related Posts: On this day...
- New 3D imagery for Google Earth for mobile - 2012
- Comparative analysis of leaked Sony and Gawker passwords - 2011
- GoldenEye remake for Wii and DS leaked by Activision - 2010
- Everyone on TV reads the same newspaper - 2010
- Fashion-Incubator: a good idea while it lasted - 2009
- Western Digital developing 20,000RPM Raptor to take on SSDs? - 2008