Team Twiizers, the group behind almost all of the Wii Homebrew scene, has released an update to the Homebrew Channel (and installer) that allows for installation on a Wii with the most recent update installed. While the team still recommends against installing the Nintendo update, those who accidentally updated or purchase games that require the update are no longer left out to dry. This update to the Homebrew Channel also adds SDHC support, a feature Nintendo has not implemented in vanilla Wiis. The community has also created an app that updates just the Wii Shop Channel — allowing users to purchase Wiiware and Virtual Console games without losing their homebrew. It took the team only two days to get the fix out.
[phpbay]wii, 10, “”, “”[/phpbay]
Related Posts: On this day...
- HOWTO: Upset your intelligent significant other without even trying - 2011
- Christopher Nolan reveals title of third Batman film and that "it won’t be the Riddler" - 2010
- Rules for my Unborn Son - 2009
- HOWTO: Add a Linux server to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Domain - 2008
- New Totem BBC plugin - 2008