For the unknowing… phpmyadmin is a web-based mysql admin tool. The google query is structured to find installs of phpmyadmin that aren’t password protected. This gives anyone full access to read and modify the database. Also, if the pages were password-protected, Google’s spider wouldn’t have been able to get in to index them in the first place. Ugh.
Related Posts: On this day...
- MAFIAA Fire: A Firefox add-on to reverse US government domain censorship - 2011
- Paramount Pictures sells DRM-tastic hard drives pre-loaded with movies, crippleware - 2010
- Abandoned: Six Flags New Orleans - 2010
- Computer science student targeted for criminal investigation for allegedly sending email - 2009
- Multi-level marketing spam for child fingerprinting operation - 2009
- Gone in 60 seconds: Spambot cracks Live Hotmail CAPTCHA - 2008