I fully expect Stallman probably has thrown out his master card visa, and paypal account, if he had any of these to begin with.
Whether or not you believe with his principles, he certainly is a man who acts strongly on them.
Calling these protests DDoS, or distributed denial of service, attacks is misleading, too. A DDoS attack is done with thousands of “zombie” computers. Typically, somebody breaks the security of those computers (often with a virus) and takes remote control of them, then rigs them up as a “botnet” to do in unison whatever he directs (in this case, to overload a server). The Anonymous protesters’ computers are not zombies; presumably they are being individually operated.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Raspberry Pi purchase and setup guide for developers - 2012
- HOWTO: Keep your data safe at the US border - 2011
- Tron Earns $3.5 Million in Midnight Showings - 2010
- CMU professor: New privacy issues are emerging - 2009
- Bed gun rack - 2009
- Who feels bad for being a pirate now? - 2008
- HOWTO: Read flowcharts - 2008