As any regular cheapskate readers know, HDMI cables are insanely overpriced. Pity the uninformed consumer who walks into, say, Best Buy, and walks out $40 to $90 poorer. Happens all the time.
But it doesn’t have to. Help me spread the word: Eforcity (via Amazon) has a 6-foot HDMI cable for just $3.19 shipped. (Actually, the cable’s only 21 cents, shipping costs $2.98. That drives me nuts, so I stayed focused on the total price. Which is awesome.)
In case you’re not familiar with them, HDMI cables carry digital audio and video signals between your TV and gear like game consoles and Blu-ray players.
Are they all created equal? No, but there’s ample scientific and anecdotal evidence that dirt-cheap generic cables perform just as well as their pricey big-name counterparts (*cough* Monster *cough*). Don’t get suckered into buying the latter.
Need more proof? This particular cable has a whopping 1,863 user reviews on Amazon, and the average score is 4.5 stars out of 5. ’nuff said.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Copyright extremist RIAA lawyer confirmed as America's Solicitor General - 2011
- New Mortal Kombat movie trailer - 2010
- Karen Bridezilla hates poor people - 2010
- PowerFilm 10w Foldable Solar Charger for $100 shipped - 2010
- Speed camera foe buys Tennessee city's police website - 2010
- Is your cell phone spying on you? - 2009
- FTC shuts allegedly rogue Internet provider down - 2009
- Remember Dialup? - 2009