The Paris suburb of Levallois-Perret and its conservative council are reportedly embroiled in a heated dispute with its neighboring town, middle-class and Socialist-run Clichy-la-Garenne, over traffic congestion.
On any given day, thousands of commuters travel between the two towns en route to the capital.
On Tuesday, Levallois mayor Patrick Balkany declared his portion of D909 a one-way street, directing traffic into neighboring Clichy, according to AFP.
Gilles Catoire, Clichy’s mayor, reportedly then declared his section of the roadway one-way as well, sending traffic in the opposition direction.
Mass chaos ensued, and local and national police were sent to guide traffic away from the gridlock, AFP reported.
Related Posts: On this day...
- New Ron Paul Ad: Trust - 2011
- Google+ App for BlackBerry - 2011
- AMD switching to easy peel-off laptop stickers - 2010
- Cool zombie poster - 2010
- Does bing have a affiliate program ? - 2009
- Bookbombing for Ron Paul - 2009
- Google restores Chrome's shine - 2008
- Linux and Flash - cut the crap already!! - 2008
- Why Should I? - 2008