I hate to see this kinda of bad fellowship between FOSS developers… especially with a Linux distribution as popular as CentOS.
July 30, 2009 04:39 UTC
This is an Open Letter to Lance Davis from fellow CentOS Developers
It is regrettable that we are forced to send this letter but we are left with no other options. For some time now we have been attempting to resolve these problems:
You have long promised a statement of CentOS project funds; to this date this has not appeared.
You hold sole control of the centos.org domain with no deputy; this is not proper.
You have, it seems, sole ‘Founders’ rights in the IRC channels with no deputy ; this is not proper.
When I (Russ) try to call the phone numbers for UK Linux, and for you individually, I get a telco intercept ‘Lines are temporarily busy’ for the last two weeks. Finally yesterday, a voicemail in your voice picked up, and I left a message urgently requesting a reply. Karanbir also reports calling and leaving messages without your reply.
Please do not kill CentOS through your fear of shared management of the project.
Clearly the project dies if all the developers walk away.
Please contact me, or any other signer of this letter at once, to arrange for the required information to keep the project alive at the ‘centos.org’ domain.
More information can be found at planet.centos.org. Looks like a fork is inevitable if he doesn’t respond in a timely manner. I propose the fork be named “DollarOS”
Related Posts: On this day...
- Stanford researcher exposes Microsoft's Wi-Fi database - 2011
- Canadian cinema fined $10,000 for privacy invasion over bag search - 2010
- Fan wearing LeBron Heat jersey kicked out of Cleveland Indians game - 2010
- Tron Legacy score contributions by Daft Punk leaked? - 2010
- How To Hijack "Every iPhone In The World" - 2009
- I now pronounce you monetized: A YouTube video case study - 2009
- Stormy Daniels' Political Advisor May Have Been Hit By Car Bomb - 2009
- Cracked Windows 7 RTM Ultimate Activated with OEM SLP Master Product Key - 2009
- Cops suspended for Obama background check - 2009
- TSA Proud of Confiscating Non-Dangerous Items - 2008