Apple finally released their new OS called Leopard about a month ago. One of the things I like the most with Apple, and probably everybody loves too, is that they always release tons of beautiful stuff. From the package box to the t-shirt. Yeah there is a very cool t-shirt as well. And now itâ€™s not different. I loved the space feeling of the new wallpaper with that sort of aurora borealis effect.
Besides that, this week the new version of GIMP was released. The 2.4 version has a renewed interface, with new icons, and much more stable, at least running on my mac it has not crashed yet.
Anyways, what I want to show on this tutorial is how to create that Aurora Borealis effect using the new GIMP. Basically I used the Leopardâ€™s wallpaper as my reference. I have to say it was easier than I thought. Follow the link below for the amazing write up.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Ron Paul's interview on Face The Nation - 2011
- Why is this kid smiling? Because he has one of these in his bedroom - 2010
- YouTube Will Soon Block Access From Set-Top Devices - 2009
- BlackBerry Storm: RIM's new touchscreen smartphone released today - 2008
- ASUS CEO says return rates same for Linux and Windows netbooks - 2008
- Researchers blast Vista Service Pack 1 - 2007