New updates from Fsckin’. I know exactly where this guy is coming from. My girlfriend uses Fedora.
About 2 months ago, I convinced my girlfriend to try out Linux for a month after a really nasty bit of spyware infected her computer. This isnâ€™t a bash on Microsoft, but it happened twice in about a month.
Unfortunately, a roommate who pays a portion of the internet bill (and thus welcome to use the computer, which is located in the living room) likes to browse nefarious websites, Iâ€™ll let you speculate what type of websites he visits. Browsing those kind of sites by itself is completely fine by me, as long as it doesnâ€™t fsck up the computer. The spyware/adware/etcware attracting behaviors of the roommate got some nasty sh!t on the computer – TWICE in a month. I tried to get everyone in the house to use Firefox, and that went over well.
Even if the shady websites are surfed upon using Firefox, if you install software from said websites, itâ€™s all over anyways. I canâ€™t help stupid user syndrome. Quite simply, I had enough at that point, Iâ€™m sure as hell not going to backup, fdisk, format and reinstall Windows every two weeks. Plus, I really donâ€™t want to have that uncomfortable conversation with the roommate about his online behaviors, to be honest.
Push came to shove, and my girlfriend let me install the operating system of my choosing, since I would be the one supporting it.
Related Posts: On this day...
- DUI Checkpoint Refusal - 2012
- Hanna movie trailer 2011 - 2011
- Anon posts pic of himself doing drugs at work to 4chan. Another anon examines EXIF meta-data which contains GPS coords that point to White House - 2010
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog - 2010
- Microsoft plays with Photoshop some more - 2010
- Transparent OLED screen - 2010
- The Princess Bride DVD ambigram - 2009
- Top 11 compounds found in US drinking water - 2009
- No REAL ID, No problem. You just won't be able to fly. - 2008
- Real ID is postponed for 5 years - 2008