News from Linus…
So I’ve been busily merging stuff, and just wanted to send out a quick reminder that I warned people in the 39 announcement that this might be a slightly shorter merge window than usual, so that I can avoid having to make the -rc1 release from Japan using my slow laptop (doing “allyesconfig” builds on that thing really isn’t in the cards, and I like to do those to verify things – even if we’ve already had a few cases where arch include differences made it less than effective in finding problems).
And judging by the merge window so far, that early close (probably Sunday – I’ll be on airplanes next Monday) looks rather likely. I already seem to have a fairly sizable portion of linux-next in my tree, and there haven’t been any huge upsets.
So anybody who was planning a last-minute “please pull” – this is a heads-up. Don’t do it, you might miss the window entirely.
Did I miss any major development mailing lists with stuff pending?
PS. The voices in my head also tell me that the numbers are getting too big. I may just call the thing 2.8.0. And I almost guarantee that this PS is going to result in more discussion than the rest, but when the voices tell me to do things, I listen.
…and after 2.8.0 we could have Linux 3.0.0 soon enough, wowsers!
Related Posts: On this day...
- Announcing the release of Fedora 15 (Lovelock) - 2011
- I wish this guy the best - 2010
- Typhoid adware hijacks LAN, inserts ads into uninfected computers' browsers - 2010
- Coach Mike Brown pays the price for Cavs' early playoff exit - 2010
- Zappos lost $1.6 million over-night due to pricing mistake... and honors prices - 2010
- 3D Projection on Buildings - 2010
- Last.fm User Data Was Sent To RIAA By CBS - 2009
- Lifelock CEO Todd Davis becomes ID theft victim - 2008