In late 2008 we witnessed the release of Compiz++, a rewrite of the Compiz core in C++ plus other invasive work in order to improve this compositing window manager. With Compiz++ being a branch of Compiz and various other developers working on their own branches, the future of Compiz was unclear, however, today it has been cleared up some.
Following today’s Compiz Conference Call, it has been decided that both Compiz++ and Nomad (another branch of Compiz) will be merged back into Compiz. After the release of Compiz 0.8, Compiz++ will be merged in and then released in as Compiz 0.9.0. Following that, Nomad will then be merged into Compiz. After both mergers have been completed there will then be a period of bug fixing.
Related Posts: On this day...
- China's Shanghai maglev train traveling 430km/h from the airport - 2011
- Judge censured for ordering class-action lawyer to take pay in $125,000 worth of gift-cards - 2010
- Top 10 LeBron James Plays of the 2008-2009 Season - 2009
- Comprehensive excoriation of ebook stupidity - 2009
- Pidgin "now playing" Plugins (updates status message to song being played) - 2008