Thereâ€™s been quite a bit of buzz recently after it was announced that OpenOffice 3 was due in September. It seems, however, most people still arenâ€™t aware of whatâ€™s in store.
We love OpenOffice.org, hereby referred to as OpenOffice like normal people do. We like the fact it does pretty much everything we need for free, we like the out-of-the box PDF and Flash support, its better-than-Word ability to work with large documents, and the joys of using a standard file format thatâ€™s actually, you know, a standard.
But the Openpoffice.org website is a rather scary place. We managed to find this conference presentation lurking in the shadows before running away in fear of mid 90â€™s web design. Follow the link below for more info.
This part madeÂ me laugh:
“Support for MS Office 2007 XML. Microsoft confusingly calls this â€˜Office Open XMLâ€™. We call it Stop Naming Your Unstable Undocumented Shitty Format To Sounds Like Ours Thanks.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- MC Frontalot's Stoop Sale - 2012
- Tux is My Homeboy Linux Penguin T-Shirt - 2011
- Pirating the Oscars: 2011 Edition - 2011
- World's greatest photographer's "bust-card" - 2011
- "Get what's yours!" Demented, explosion-filled ad for injury lawyer - 2010
- Inside-out Teddy Bears! - 2010
- Do police have the right to confiscate your camera? - 2009
- Cemeteries surrounded by parking lots - 2009
- Ron Paul vs. The Morning Joe - 2009
- The Pirates Can't Be Stopped - 2008