i see this system being ripe for DNS poisoning. I wish good luck with this project, as this is the problem with any alternative DNS system out there… which all seem to be going for a cloud, crowd-sourced solution.
The domain seizures by the United States authorities in recent days and upcoming legislation that could make similar takeovers even easier in the future, have inspired a group of enthusiasts to come up with a new, decentralized and BitTorrent-powered DNS system. This system will exchange DNS information through peer-to-peer transfers and will work with a new .p2p domain extension.
In a direct response to the domain seizures by US authorities during the last few days, a group of established enthusiasts have started working on a DNS system that can’t be touched by any governmental institution.
Ironically, considering the seizure of the Torrent-Finder meta-search engine domain, the new DNS system will be partly powered by BitTorrent.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Raid on Zuccotti Park, NYC - 2011
- Comcast is imposing a fee to Level 3 for Netflix content - 2010
- Freeish Gift Guide 2009: Gadgets! - 2009
- Infographic: The complete and astounding history of storage - 2009
- HOWTO: Detect the Social Sites Your Visitors Use With SocialHistory.js - 2008
- MySpace "Hacker" Tells His Story - 2007
- What the Google Intranet Looks Like - 2007