Colton Harris-Moore, the 20-year-old, 6-foot-5 criminal whose hijinks in multiple countries led to internet fame and the “Barefoot Bandit” name, today pleaded guilty to seven criminal charges.
Appearing in U.S. District Court in Seattle, the lanky, 6-foot-5 Camano Island man entered guilty pleas to each of the federal charges. Under a plea agreement with federal prosecutors, Harris-Moore, 20, also agreed to forfeit any proceeds earned from the sale of his story.The forfeiture issue had been a sticking point in plea negotiations between federal prosecutors and the defense, according to Harris-Moore’s attorney, John Henry Brown. Browne has said that Harris-Moore did not want to profit from his crime spree and intends any proceeds to go toward paying restitution, which Browne said is in the range of $1.5 million.
“Whether the government wants it or not, there will be a movie. There will be more books. And there will be money from them,” Browne said earlier this month.
Heh. And what poetry it would be if everyone who wanted to see the movie just stole it online!
Related Posts: On this day...
- John McAfee Teaches How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus - 2013
- Woman accused of groping TSA agent - 2012
- Pornucopia: A 1989 Piers Anthony porn novel - 2010
- VirtualBox 3.0 Beta Adds "Gaming-Level" Graphics - 2009
- Java is finally Free and Open! - 2008
- Denial-of-coffee attacks affect networked coffee maker - 2008