Typical, go after the easy target instead of the real problem. Do you think stopping a section of Craigslist will really help? One, they just move to another section, two, they go to other websites (there are tons if you take a look), and three, ignoring the real problem which truthfully would be requiring men and women to be certified “legal” prostitutes.
As all people of conscience will agree, human trafficking and child exploitation are utterly despicable and horrendous crimes.
In contrast with the epidemic numbers often cited for the nation as a whole, the incidence of such crimes is low and getting lower on Craigslist because of the comprehensive preventive measures we have taken. Some experts now liken the relative rarity on Craigslist to “looking for a needle in a haystack.”
Nevertheless, any misuse of our site whatsoever in facilitating such unspeakable crimes is unacceptable, and we will continue to work tirelessly, in tandem with law enforcement and key nonprofits, to ensure that any victims receive the assistance they desperately need and deserve, and that those responsible are imprisoned.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Guy travels the world and shoots 1 second of footage in each location, awesomeness ensues. - 2011
- Seven Reasons Not to Send Your Kids to College - 2010
- Koreans! How to swear in English - 2010
- CLIQ and other "unpickable" locks pwned at Defcon - 2009
- Esquire to geeks: hack our e-paper magazine cover - 2008