French electronica duo Daft Punk has been signed to write the original music score for Tron 2.0, Walt Disney’s upcoming sequel to the groundbreaking 1982 animation cult hit which was scored by electronic music icon Wendy Carlos. Daft Punk’s members Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter have been involved in various films before, but Tron 2.0 will be their first complete feature film score. The film, scheduled for a 2011 release, is helmed by Joseph Kosinski and will feature Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett. According to industry news reports, Tron 2.0 will play as the “next chapter” after the first film, with Wilde starring as one of the heroes trying to help fighting the Master Control Program, the evil intelligence protocol that was the nemesis in the 1982 film. The assignment of Daft Punk to score Tron 2.0 has been confirmed to Upcoming Film Scores by Walt Disney Pictures.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Why poor people support tax breaks for the rich? - 2011
- Is the www dead? - 2010
- I want my life back... - 2009
- SQL Injection used to steal 130,000,000 credit card numbers at Heartland - 2009
- Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series on Blu-ray for $38 - 2009
- The Big Lebowski 10th Anniversary Edition DVD for $5 - 2009
- Scientists Show DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated - 2009
- If websites were people - 2009
- Olympic logo cops enforce stupid rules with masking tape - 2008
- U.S. at risk of cyberattacks, experts say... - 2008