A Website set up by the Epilepsy Foundation has been hit by hackers, according to an Associated Press report.
An official with the foundation said computer hackers breached the foundation’s site, bombarding it with hundreds of pictures and links to pages with rapidly flashing images.
The images can be harmful to people with photosensitive epilepsy, who sometimes suffer seizures when they’re exposed to flickering images.
The foundation said the successful attack triggered severe migraines and near-seizure reactions in some site visitors who viewed the images.
The foundation said the FBI is investigating the breach.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Minnesota "ball slasher" busted again - 2011
- Ron Paul: "Outraged" over Fed audit vote - 2010
- Man doesn't know what happened at the Hustler Club, but it wasn't worth $21K - 2010
- Meganet's Dominator I snoops on four GSM convos at once... and fits in your overnight bag - 2010
- Snarlin' Arlen: The Switch - 2010
- Prince William: I am Banksy - 2009
- Lamborghini Reventon #01 of 20 arrives at Las Vegas dealership - 2008