SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 20, 2009 — Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: JAVA) and Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ: ORCL) announced today they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Oracle will acquire Sun common stock for $9.50 per share in cash. The transaction is valued at approximately $7.4 billion, or $5.6 billion net of Sun’s cash and debt.
A bad day for open-source… Goodbye, MySQL.
Related Posts: On this day...
- "Tron: Uprising" new trailer - 2012
- Euthanasia coaster: Assisted suicide by thrills - 2011
- It's Maxim HTH Time, Please Vote for Jenn Thomas! - 2010
- RevolutionIslam.com, the site which made threats against South Park Studios, has been hacked - 2010
- Free GNU/Linux Advanced Administration eBook - 2010
- Cheap Solar Charging Kit - 2010
- 50 years in jail possible for 22-year-old David Kernell - 2010
- Amazon fights demand for customer records - 2010
- Listen to PA Gov. Ed Rendell argue why "no one should own assault weapons" - 2009
- Ron Paul speaks about Secession - 2009