Randall Munroe, creator of the awesome XKCD webcomic, is coming to San Francisco to give a benefit appearance and reading for the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Now that sounds like a kick-ass evening…
Monday, September 21st will be the second Geek Reading event to benefit EFF, at 111 Minna in downtown San Francisco. This time, the author in question is Randall Munroe, otherwise known as the writer and cartoonist behind the brilliant webcomic xkcd… Reddit and Breadpig founder Alexis Ohanian will be emceeing the event, which will include a visual presentation as well as an interview portion, with questions culled from the top-voted comments on Reddit. Randall’s new book “xkcd: Volume 0” we be available for purchase and signings as well.
The main event starts at 7 and tickets are $30. But you can also join the VIP reception ($100 donation) a bit earlier, at 6, for some extra face time with the man behind the most complex stick figures ever drawn. Numbers are limited, so get your tickets now!
Geek Reading: xkcd creator Randall Munroe
Monday, September 21, 2009
VIP Reception: 6:00
111 Minna Gallery, 111 Minna Street, San Francisco
Man, I remember when anyone in the Boston area could go hang out with him for free at a geohash. I wonder how it must strike him now that people are paying $100 just to talk to him a little easier.
I know, I know, it’s for charity. But it’s funny if you think of it this way.
Related Posts: On this day...
- "Wi-Fi refugees" shelter in West Virginia mountains - 2011
- Microsoft celebrates Windows Phone 7 RTM with funeral parade for BlackBerry and iPhone - 2010
- Scary speech by gentleman with a "masters degree in communication" - 2010
- Kodak Theatre HD Player for $137 shipped - 2009
- Daredevil LA tagger "Buket" of YouTube fame gets nearly 4 years in jail - 2009
- Girlfriend Takes Nude Pics on Boyfriend's Bed and Then Kills Him - 2008
- Nine Inch Fail! - 2008