Left wing thought police == just as militant and biased as right wing thought police. No political extremist can be trusted.
One thing I’ve learned over the years is this – screwing over your users while yelling “the lawyers made me do it!” rarely ends well. Particularly when the lawyers are just being lazy, and free speech rights are at stake.
Sometime last week they took down a photoshopped image of President Obama that makes him look like the Heath Ledger (Joker) character from The Dark Knight. The image was created and uploaded to Flickr by 20 year old college student Firas Alkhateeb while “bored over winter school break.” It was also later altered yet again by someone else and used to create anti-obama posters that went up in Los Angeles.
Thomas Hawk has a good overview of some of the other details, but the short version is the image was removed by Flickr sometime last week due to “due to copyright-infringement concerns.”
[phpbay]obama joker, 10, “”, “”[/phpbay]
Related Posts: On this day...
- Trollface restaurant - 2011
- W7 Theme for Ubuntu brings Windows 7's familiar GUI to Linux - 2010
- A wonderful Where's Waldo-ish biodiversity book for little ones - 2010
- 365Black: McDonald's has a website for black people - 2009
- 15 Examples To Master Linux Command Line History - 2008
- Red Hat hack prompts critical OpenSSH update - 2008