By way of The Basketball Jones comes the debut rap video from Allen Samuels, a 30-plus-year casino host and 50-plus-year awkward white dude who had an epiphany whilst talking to a flamboyant Frenchman and transformed himself into the Baby Boomer Rebecca Black. “Livin De Life” chronicles Samuels’ rise from riches to additional riches and peppers itself with references to sports stars, Macbooked-in photo opportunities and a cameo from Jason Terry of the NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks. By the end of it you think A. Samuels is about as cool as you did when it started, but Terry… oh, Jason Terry. What are you doing?
I’m going to hope it’s one of those situations where Jason Terry wanted to get out of a casino debt, and this white guy wandered up and was all “you don’t have to pay anything if you say LIVIN DE LIFE into the camera and smile.” Like Leslie Knope having to say “Viva Chavez” to get money for her park.
You can watch the full-length video above. My favorite part is when he says he’s “living the life.”
Related Posts: On this day...
- HOWTO: Create a shell script to monitor load average on a Linux server - 2010
- GQ: Woman claims to have been kidnapped by Rand Paul and forced to take bong hits - 2010
- RIM BlackPad tablet priced at $499 when it ships in November? - 2010
- What the Hotness of Your Waitress Says About the Economy - 2009
- PayPal adds fees without bothering to tell anyone - 2009
- Shuttleworth Offers Canonical Employees to Debian - 2009
- Rand Paul Announces Senate Run - 2009
- If you suspect TERRORISM, carry a notepad with you - 2008
- Microsoft hires a hot ad agency in an effort to improve its image - 2008