This sounds like a great idea:
An electorate unschooled in basic budget facts is a major obstacle to controlling the nation’s deficit, not to mention addressing a host of economic and social problems. We suggest that everyone who files a tax return receive a “taxpayer receipt.” This receipt would tell them to the penny what their taxes paid for based on the amount they paid in federal income taxes and FICA.
And why should the Tea Party object? Or any serious fiscal conservative?
Related Posts: On this day...
- HOWTO: Escape from zip tie handcuffs - 2011
- Liar: YA suspense novel that elevates the unreliable narrator to a new level - 2009
- Bank of America demands thumbprint from man with no arms - 2009
- Movie Posters for Minimalists - 2009
- Kevin Mitnick detained then released after Colombia trip - 2008
- "Fakeproof" e-passport is cloned in minutes - 2008
- HOWTO: Bybass Windows 98 's elite security system - 2008
- Exploits of a Mom - 2007