A real life Final Destination. eek.
An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident.
Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.
All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.
The ANSA news agency reported that the couple had managed to pick up a flight from Rio the following day.
It said that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Martha Hacks Her Ankle Monitor - 2013
- NYC cyclist vs. bike lanes (kamikaze) - 2011
- Novell Wins! - 2010
- Adobe discontinues (beta) 64-bit Flash support for Linux - 2010
- It's true - 2010
- Fear is eroding American rights - 2009
- WD drops 4TB whopper - 2009
- Ron Paul Is Unstoppable - 2009
- Purity - 2008
- 97-year-old woman denied right to vote in 2008 elections because she has no ID, BUT she was born before birth certificates were issued - 2008