Anon having driven the Church of Scientology into bankruptcy, has now declared war on the entertainment industry… apparently, they’re upset that the record companies aren’t suing enough P2P sites:
We have been watching you. We are focusing all our eyes on your multiple organizations. As you are watching this video we are currently planning our next attack. You have already angered us greatly and now, all you can do is pray that we will show mercy. We will strike from every possible direction. You will not know who we are or what our next move will be. We have no central leader, no government, nobody to tell us what to do. We operate on the principles of free speech and anonymity. The very principles which the verdict against the pirate bay dot org is threatening to destroy. And this is why we attack. Because deep down we know that together, as a unit, we can ban together and defeat you, the great oppressor, who has been present since the dawn of man.
It is true that by using file sharing networks we may be committing a crime. But there is no crime greater than favoring one company over another in the corrupt eyes of the law. The founders of thepiratebay.org are awaiting their jail sentence and the founders of isohunt.com and btjunkie.org are living free with no worries from the law. We strike because we know that it is not about legality, it is not about lawlessness, it is not about going against your principles, as you obviously have none. It is about Justice, true justice that only a member of our organization can see. And believe me, we are many. And we will all carry out Justice that the rest of the world will not.
Related Posts: On this day...
- WikiLeaks and the Age of Transparency: Micah Sifry explores the history, successes and failures of online transparency - 2011
- ACLU to Michigan cops: Stop searching mobile phones during traffic stops - 2011
- Simpson's Character Infographic - 2011
- iOS devices secretly log and retain record of every place you go, transfer to your PC and subsequent devices - 2011
- Google now has a page up showing government takedown requests by country - 2010
- FBI workers accused of spying on dressing room - 2009
- XKCD: The Book - 2009
- Ancient Advertisement: Honeywell's Electronic Mail - 2009
- The Pirate Bay FTW - 2009
- Adobe Air on Linux: A Security Nightmare - 2008