In a move expected since the team lost three consecutive games to be upset by the Boston Celtics in the conference semifinals, the Cavs fired coach Mike Brown on Sunday according to a league source. The news was first reported by ESPN.
The team announced the firing this morning. The reason the act had to be done before the end of the weekend was there was a clause in Brown’s contract, an extension signed in 2007, that guaranteed him about half of his salary for next season of $4 million if he was let go within 10 days of the end of this season.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Announcing the release of Fedora 15 (Lovelock) - 2011
- Next Linux kernel release could be 2.8.0 - 2011
- I wish this guy the best - 2010
- Typhoid adware hijacks LAN, inserts ads into uninfected computers' browsers - 2010
- Zappos lost $1.6 million over-night due to pricing mistake... and honors prices - 2010
- 3D Projection on Buildings - 2010
- Last.fm User Data Was Sent To RIAA By CBS - 2009
- Lifelock CEO Todd Davis becomes ID theft victim - 2008