It’s one of those stories that occur every day, yet it gets very little attention from mainstream media. A college student used his own gun to protect his girlfriend from rape and possibly prevent the murder of his ten friends. I doubt you’ll see this one on CNN.
Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.
“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.
“Apparently the guy was getting ready to rape his girlfriend. So he told the girls to get down and he started shooting. The guy jumped out of the window,” said Bailey.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Wall Street Journal launches insecure Wikileaks clone, promises to sell you out - 2011
- BP: Bastard Profiteers and Brand Persuasion - 2010
- Of all the unexplained phenomena that have taken place, the "bloop" has got to be the creepiest - 2010
- EFF: Helping You Take Back Your Privacy - 2010
- Five high school students sent home for wearing American flag shirts in Morgan Hill, CA - 2010
- USB-Powered Refrigerator Drink Cooler / Heater - 2010
- Congress Refuses to Outlaw Insider Trading For Lawmakers - 2010
- Women are finally allowed to wear pants... in France - 2010
- Disturbing video of SWAT raid on Missouri family - 2010
- Ship Night Run - 2009