A Texas man killed his victim by shooting him and beating him with the barrel of a gun. During deliberations, the jury consulted the Bible and found this passage:
35:16 And if he smite him with an instrument of iron, so that he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
The murderer said his Constitutional rights were challenged, and took it to the Supreme Court, which turned away the challenge.
Does this mean that you can be executed for working on Sunday?
Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Son of Kaspersky CEO Kidnapped - 2011
- Ché babysitter - 2010
- If you live in Dubai, you can get Spiderman to clean your building's windows - 2010
- Photos from Jimmy Choo's shoe studio in the UK - 2010
- Hitler's back... and pissed off about fair use - 2010
- Manga about running Ubuntu - 2009
- Know thy enemy... - 2009
- Private citizen issues parking tickets to Oregon cop - 2008