At the center of it all, Camping’s organization, Family Radio, is perfectly happy to take your money — and in fact, received $80 million in contributions between 2005 and 2009. Camping founded Family Radio, a nonprofit Christian radio network based in Oakland, Calif. with about 65 stations across the country, in 1958.
But not even all of his own employees are convinced that the world is ending on Saturday.
In fact, many still plan on showing up at work on Monday.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Vice speaker of Ukrainian Parliament "throttles" deputy - 2011
- Washington Drug Agents Seize Pot Legalization Petitions - 2010
- Tea Party - 2010
- Adobe has issued a DMCA removal request for rtmpdump - 2009
- Another reason NOT to use Paypal - 2009
- Have a router? The FCC claims the right to enter your home without a warrant at any time in order to inspect it - 2009
- Yamaha wearable motorcycle concept will likely remain just that - 2008