Asus use to make a laptop called the s200, also known as the JVC MiniNote or Victor Interlink, which came with a 8.9 inch screen at 1024×600 resolution. Placing a JVC Mininote xp5230 side by side with an Asus eeePC: They’re practically the same size, and it was very surprising that Asus didn’t go with the 8.9″ screen originally, but I guess it all comes down to cost.
The main things I prefer on the JVC:
- of course the 8.9inch screen at 1024×600 resolution,
- the keyboard is a tiny bit bigger, which makes a hell of a difference when trying to touch type.
- I much prefer a trackpoint to a touchpad.
Things I don’t like about the JVC:
- it gets stupidly hot, to the point you can’t have it on your lap.
- this model has a lack of builtin WiFi, some of the higher models do have it though.
- the VGA out needs a breakout cable.
- this model takes stupidly small 144pin MicroDimms, that only allow memory expansion to 384MB.
but overall they’re very similar machines.
more photos after the jump…
Credit goes to QuangDX @ eeeuser.com
Related Posts: On this day...
- Nero - Must Be The Feeling - 2012
- The most awesome video EVAR! - 2011
- Man caught with his pants down on Google Maps - 2010
- Google Buzz Explained - 2010
- What is Ron Paul up to? - 2009
- Firefox Speed Tweaks - 2009
- HOWTO: Setup a reverse SSH tunnel - 2009
- Masked hoodie sweatshirts stir debate in UK - 2008
- A hard drive just saved my life! - 2008