There is a new bra out there that could be the difference between life and death. The emergency bra can be removed, the cups separated, and the cups can be turned into gas masks.
The emergency bra, or EBbra, was developed by Dr. Elena Bodnar, and won the Ig Nobel Prize last year. According to Cnet, Bodnar was inspired to create the emergency bra after witnessing the effects of the Chernobyl disaster in 1986. Bodnar says that if there were gas masks readily available, many people would have survived with out radiation poisoning.
The EBbra was praised for its ingenious design last year, but will be available to the public for the first time on September 28th. Currently, there is no emergency underwear for men, but luckily, the emergency bra can be separated to make two gas masks.
“Ladies and gentlemen, isn’t that wonderful that women have two breasts, not just one?” Bodnar said while accepting the Ig Nobel award in 2009. “We can save not only our own life, but also the life of a man of our choice next to us.”
The emergency bra comes in a sexy red, and is available for $29.99 in sizes 32B to 40C. You can buy your emergency bra online.
Related Posts: On this day...
- This is how hacking actually works - 2011
- FBI makes arrest in bank robbery; suspect had posted claim of responsibility on Facebook - 2010
- Window Shopping in Brussels, Belgium - 2010
- HOWTO: Wake your girlfriend up - 2009
- Newly Declassified Files Detail Massive FBI Data-Mining Project - 2009
- Iron Is Google Chrome for the "Tinfoil Hat" Crowd - 2008
- Computer Holy Wars - 2008
- GNOME 2.24 Released! - 2008